Saturday, June 11, 2011

Greetings, fellow horror fanatics

Deep down, I've always loved horror films. When I was a wee lad, I would break off from my parents in the video store to sneak a peek at the horror section. Scanning the sinister collection was like opening Pandora's Box--and watching the films was a rite of passage. Kids always want what they can't have, so I was desperate for a taste of the forbidden fruit that was the horror genre.

As I grew older and explored other genres, my interest in horror became less overt. However, I currently find myself nestled in the bosom of the horror community, writing profiles of local horror filmmakers and previews of horror conventions for Indianapolis' NUVO Newsweekly. It seems that fate intervened. I must be a natural born horror fanatic.

I want to share that passion with all of you. So, in this blog, I will post interviews with local horror filmmakers, my horror convention diary, essays about the genre itself, and more. So, follow me, if you dare. Don't be afraid of the dark...

No comments:

Post a Comment